September 2021 Monthly Board Meeting
September 8, 2021
6:30 p.m. HS Library
Present Board Members: John Christensen, Butch Farley, Mary Hansen, Mary Heiberger, Scott Klungseth, Tim Lawrence, Mike Lounsbery, Jill Mockler, Adam Nelson, Brendyn Richards, Dawn Seeley, Randy Quartier, Mark Van Otterloo
Absent: Dr. Joe Bak, Tricia Bak
Others present: Mr. Gross, Dr. Degen
Secretary Report – Mary Hansen: corrections made to August minutes under coaches request and school expenses.
Brendyn made motion to approve and Scott seconds. No further discussion
Treasurer Report – Current balance: $ 39,097.22
Approved bills/Invoices to be payed:
- $421.81 Fiesta Foods: broasted chicken for Football Jersey night
- $318.00 Football movie outing (Invoice)
- $936.27 Intense Graphics Clothing voucher
- $355.00 Pocket calendars: (Booster club to cover expense)
Coach’s requests paid:
- $2,549.46 Cheer
- $281.16 Intense Graphics black eyes
- $1,078.31 Intense Graphics XC t-shirts
- $14.63 Dawn Seeley XC awards
Butch made motion to approve payment of bills/invoices. Mike L. seconds. No further discussion
Dustin Degen – Watchdog Foundation Pledge requesting $5,000 Booster Club donation, decision tabled until after Homecoming
- Annual Budget process for 2021-22 (on hold during Membership drive)
- Football Jersey/Parent picnic night & Cross-Country opener – Football players and parents pictured in Beresford Republic. Dawn: Cross country shirts sold night before at Cross country spaghetti supper. Next year to order bigger shirt sizes.
- Sub-committee updates
- Membership Committee
- Membership drive updates: sold 49 online memberships and 2 corporate memberships to date. $15,665.00
- Webstore: Unable to get stadium chairs
- Membership Committee
- Sponsorship outreach: setting up meetings with business
- Website issues & maintenance
- Public Relations/Outreach: no new update
- Fundraising Events: no new update
- School Enrichment: no new update
- Football team outing – Movie at Lund Theater, invoice given to pay for ticket, popcorn and drink for each player and coaches
- Homecoming week
- Street Painting: September 12th at 5 p.m.
- Morning Mingle for Corporate Sponsors: September 14th at 7:30 a.m. Beresford High School. Senior athletes and Fall coaches invited to attend
- Homecoming parade - Mark volunteered to drive golf cart. Mary Hansen to purchase candy for parade
- Homecoming spirit items: Tricia to sort orders and bring to elementary school
- Hall of Fame event – Butch to help hand out awards on behalf of the booster club.
- Girls and Boys Basketball Tournaments – Dates January 15th (girls tournament) and February 19th (boys tournament)
- Lions club offered Booster club to take over November craft fair concessions with Booster club not interested at this time.
- Next Meeting Date:
October 6th in Beresford High School library
John made motion to adjourn. Scott seconds. No further discussion. Meeting adjourned at 8:12 p.m.