September 2020 Monthly Board Meeting
Board Members Present: Brendyn Richards, John Christensen, Carly Cordell, Adam Nelson, Dawn Seeley, Jill Mockler, Scott Klungseth, Tricia Bak, Lisa Collins, Tim Lawrence, Butch Farley, Mary Hansen
Absent Board Members: Mike Lounsbery, Mary Heiberger, Joe Bak
Others Present: Geoff Gross
Called to order: Meeting called to order at 1841 by Brendyn Richards, President
Secretary’s Report: (Carly) Minutes were reviewed. Adam moves to approve minutes as written. Scott seconds. Minutes approved.
Treasurer’s Report: (John)
Current Balance $40,956.45 Scholarship; $245.00 (until last paid scholarship in January)
- $5200 in memberships approximately at this time
- United Way donations checks going to Mike LImmer’s House. Lisa Collins will work to get the forms to change over to direct deposit.
- 12 x 3 double sided banner for Truss = $159.75
- GBB Coaches Request $235.03 for basketball shootout T-Shirts
Carly moves to approve treasurer’s report, Scott seconds. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Frostbite 4 Update
- Frostbite Committee will present a check in the amount of $8500 at the football game on Friday September 4th to the Booster Club
- In between 1st and 2nd Meet at North entrance to the track whoever is there.
- Lourdes Reaves will be present for the Frostbite 4 Friday night
- Truss and banner have been used at multiple events already this school year.
Tim Lawrence, with Intense Graphics, is willing to price out a large check for future presentations of large donations.
- ByLaws are with Tom Frieberg waiting to have them updated and then will bring for approval. Combining two documents. Brendyn has tried to contact him a few times. Carly will work on connecting again.
- Tim L is requesting help with brochure. Carly willing to assist. Will set up a meeting to work on.
Capital Request Discussion
- In Oct/Nov starting storage shed in the SE corner of the track.
- Booster Club is Interested in supporting the Flag pole project to the football stadium
- Once school receives bids will bring back to the discuss level of booster club support.
- Future enhancements could be bricks, rod fencing etc.
- Another enhancement brough forward to the group is to improve the ticket table at the entrance of the gym. Mr Gross will look at other ideas for this project.
- Welcome Mary Hansen! Thank you for agreeing to serve on the Booster Club Board.
- Mary agreed to a 3-year term. August 2020-July 2023
- Jeff Buum has decided not to join the board at this time, but is interested in serving in the future.
- Summer Rozy account balance at the beginning of summer was $9600. Summer Rozy total cost was $6550.
- $850 + $5700 = $6550 for summer participants
- 38 in person x $150 each = $5700
- 17 online x $50 each = $850
- Roughly $3000 remaining that booster club distributed from 2019-20 school year that will be used for the in-season Rozy before requesting more.
- No money is needed at this time from the Booster Club. Gross will notify when funds are needed.
- $850 + $5700 = $6550 for summer participants
- Booster Club approved the support of the following in previous meeting and is requesting payment:
- $3000 for new camera for HUDL
- $1000 for Touch Pro Screen in lobby
- $1650 Neptune
- Coaches Requests for team building
- $200 Boys Golf
- $500 Volleyball
- $200 Cross Country
- $400 Cheer
- $1500 Boys Basketball Traveling pants
- Discussion to have school invoice for full payment and they will handle the receipts
- Jill makes a motion to approve above coaches’ requests. Tim L seconds. Ask that if coaches requests are tabled, time sensitive or delayed to re-submit the requests or to reach out the board to discuss request. No further discussion. Motion approved
- NFHS System is available to stream all home Beresford events free of charge thanks to the support of the following businesses
- Jensen has paid $500 for NFHS F
- First Dakota National $1000
- School paid $1500 to meet the total of $3000 for unlimited subscription.
2020-21 Membership Drive
- Currently have online memberships: 20 Pride, 3 Purple, 9 Watchdog
- Brendyn will write an email and send to Carly to send out to last year members
- Gross will send an email out this week to promote memberships and website
- Gross will need a list and contact information on Executive sponsors for Neptune Commercials. The earlier these are done the better.
- Memberships Drive Table at events
- Football Game 9/4: Mary, Brendyn, Carly, Lisa. Please be there by 6:15 pm
- Coronation 9/7: Brendyn, Adam, Mary, Tricia
- VB Game 9/8: Tricia, Dawn, Jill
- Homecoming Football Game 9/11: Brendyn, Mary, Dawn, Tim. Please be there by 5:30 pm
- Liaison Committee: Scott, Carly and Mary Nelson are willing to work on this. Carly will set up time to discuss purpose of this group.
- Street Painting: Sunday at 2 pm. Meet by bus barn.
- Gross will send out in email.
- Carly will post on Facebook
- If you have supplies you would like to bring that would be great, but otherwise Tricia will bring the supplies.
- Spirit Items sells went well this week. So far, we are $400 in sells
- Ranger for homecoming float will be used from Pederson Machine. Homecoming parade is on September 11, 2020 at 1pm. Meet Tricia’s to help decorate at 10:30am if you are available
- Dawn, Lisa and Tricia
- Brendyn can’t drive this year.
- John willing to drive in the parade. Tricia, Lisa and Dawn with ride with John
- Jill and John will get together this month to look at the budget.
- New Booster Club Board Picture – Please plan to wear a booster shirt at next meeting to we can update the picture on the Website
- Scholarship Criteria – Carly will work on getting this posted on the website somewhere
- Will push out Facebook eligible criteria
Made motion to adjourn by Carly @ 8:31 pm. seconds. All approve. Meeting adjourned.
October 14 @ 6:30pm at High School Lobby