June 2022 Monthly Board Meeting
Current Board Members: Dr, Joe Bak, Tricia Bak, John Christensen, Butch Farley, Mary Hansen, Mary Heiberger, Scott Klungseth, Tim Lawrence, Mike Lounsbery, Jill Mockler, Adam Nelson, Brendyn Richards, Dawn Seeley, Randy Quartier, Mark Van Otterloo
Present: John Christensen, Mary Heiberger, Mike Lounsbery, Jill Mockler, Adam Nelson, Brendyn Richards, Dawn Seeley, Randy Quartier, Mark Van Otterloo, Butch Farley, Scott Klungseth arrived at 7:00.
Guest: Tony Laurvick
Absent: Joe Bak, Tricia Bak, Mary Hansen, Tim Lawrence, Adam left at 7:00.
Quorum present at 6:30.
Secretary Report – Mary Hansen. Mary Heiberger motioned, Mark seconded. Approved.
Treasurer Report – John $42,000 savings $5,172.87 checking. Total of $47,172.87.
- Any outstanding expenditures related to current year ending
- 2022 Income statement
- Paid to school--- $6,350 for $50 for each of 127 passes. Will need to decide if will keep same formula for 2023
- Paid Pentagon girls camp $450
- Pentagon Boys camp $450
- Track qualifiers $408
- JD House of Trophies $349.42
- Teresa Sveegen- $250.28
- Intense Graphics $540.49
- Panther $730.79
- Neptune $1620
- Mary Heiberger-reimbursement for Recognition Night photos- $40.46
Mike made motion to accept treasurer report. Mark seconded. Approved.
Credit Card charges
- Girls golf practice Bakker’s Crossing $242.78
- Boys basketball USF camp $371.00
- Boys basketball Augie camp $465.00
When should Geoff’s credit card be canceled?
Geoff will keep credit card until next person in transitioned in.
- Committee updates (if any)
- Membership Committee: Brendyn, Jill, John, Joe, Butch
- Meet before August to update any forms/website
- Planning for Booster Store (ideas on items)
- Athletic Recognition Night (what worked, what didn’t, ideas for next year)
Too long, coaches speeches, maybe have a template for coaches to go off of and have a powerpoint detailing some of info to keep it brief? Or one mc to announce.
People didn’t have as much awareness.
Sign up for tickets for concessions to just to get the awareness out. Promote it more.
- Top Dawg Award – any changes to requirements or award. If changes made will need to coincide with scholarship criteria. Maybe have a special pin to go on the varsity letter to commemorate.
- Scholarship – any changes to form, requirements, or structure. Need to meet to review and make updates. Keep consistent with Top Dawg Award.
***Subcommittee created to go over above 3 points and make recommendations: John, Mike, Brendyn, *Adam-chair
- Fundraising Events: Mary Hansen, Dawn Seeley, Tim Lawrence, Brendyn Richards
- Future donation from Frostbite may be less due to some funds going to softball.
- School Enrichment: Mary Hansen, Adam, Scott, Dawn, Tricia, Randy
- Do we want to sell t-shirts at XC opener & give lantern awards to top finishers? Yes and yes, continue with tradition.
- Request for funds for girls summer softball camp – Tony Laurvick
Requesting money for 2 College players to put on a clinic for 4-5 day softball camp. Middle school and High school attendees. Each coach asking for $250 for a total of $500. For those interested in pitchers and catchers only. Money would be to pay the two college girls. Scott motioned, Mark seconded. Approved.
- School items? – new liaison with school? Geoff will tell us when new liaison is appointed.
- Board terms – who is staying on of terms that are up, any openings, Treasurer position is up.
- Butch will let us know if he will continue another term.
- John will continue another term as treasurer for three years.
- Mike will continue another 3 year
- Will check with Tim Lawrence.
- Current summer Rozy numbers are 92 kids grades 7-12.
- Geoff asking booster to cover 3 months of in season Rozy training from 2021-2022 school year. $4,860 (board previously approved $3,000) will cover approximately 3 months.
Brendyn option to approve. Butch seconded. Vote taken- Approved.
Check with legal to see if anything needs to be in bylaws concerning conflict of interest for board members that are also paid coaches.
- Next Meeting Date: August 3rd at 6:30