December 2021 Monthly Board Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2021
6:30 p.m. HS Library
Current Board Members: Dr, Joe Bak, Tricia Bak, John Christensen, Butch Farley, Mary Hansen, Mary Heiberger, Scott Klungseth, Tim Lawrence, Mike Lounsbery, Jill Mockler, Adam Nelson, Brendyn Richards, Dawn Seeley, Randy Quartier, Mark Van Otterloo
Absent: Tricia Bak, Mike Lounsbery, Brendyn Richards, Mark Van Otterloo
Guests: Mr. Gross
Secretary Report – Mary H. reviewed minutes from November meeting.
Treasurer Report – John
Current balance: $ 45, 227.71
Freiberg Law: $10.00 Annual report fee
Brendyn Richards for Blomerang: $688.00
John Christensen for Quicken: $ 49.84
Scott made a motion to approve, Adam second. No further discussion. Motion carried
- Annual Budget process for 2021-22. Jill presented draft of budge report to be updated and presented at January meeting.
- Run Spotify report
- Pay school for athletic passes
- Sub-committee updates: New board members Randy and Mark to pick which sub-committee’s they would like to be on. NO further updates at this time.
- Membership Committee
- Public Relations/Outreach
- Fundraising Events
- School Enrichment
Dawn made a motion to approve, John second. No further discussion. Motion carried
- Hall of fame request-$1,000 towards banquet expenses: Mary Heiberger made a motion to approve, Dawn second. Motion carried. Bill to be paid for $1,000
- Information on credit card for our organization-John: Spoke to First Dakota about business account with 2 credit cards to be given (1: Treasurer John, 2: Mr. Gross) Mr. Gross to discuss with school board on approval to carry Booster Club credit card. John to get more information and discuss at January meeting.
- Hospitality Rooms at double-headers- sign-up link emailed out. Mary Heiberger to update Facebook to promote home double-header Basketball games and home wrestling matches
- Frostbite 4- scheduled for February 12th: online registration open. Pushing to promote advertisement
- Girls (Jan. 15th) and Boys (Feb. 19th) Basketball Tournaments- updates (14 girls/9 boys teams)
- Create sign-up for volunteers: Brendyn will be emailing volunteer sign-up in December.
Mr. Gross School Updates:
- All concession stand dates are filled this year, but would Booster Club be willing to step in and help sell concessions if needed?
- Football Stadium: Digital Solutions to put up banners as back drop in covered shed to recognize outdoor sports: Football, Cross-Country, Cheer and Track. Mr. Gross to present cost of banners at January meeting.
- Next Meeting Date:
- Athletic Banquet: start discussing at January meeting
- Discuss at January meeting: capping a dollar amount allocated for year-end parties within coaches requests
- February meeting: rough estimates of Coaches’ request
Butch made a motion to adjourn. Mary Hansen seconds. No discussion. Meeting adjourned at 7: 39 p.m.