September 2015

Sep 23

Beresford Athletic Booster Club Meeting

September 20, 2015

 

Name Status Name Status Name Status
Mike Seivert   Tom Diefendorf P Michelle Weatherton P
Jeff Thaler P Deb Bergland   Troy Swee  
Brad Antonson P Angela Peterson   Chet Borah  
Sarah Antonson P Brian Peterson P Ann Kropuenske P
Ranee Van Gelder P Todd Schlup P Mike Limmer P
Mike Busch   Teresa Schlup P    

Status:     P = Present, Blank= Absent

 

Topic Notes
Secretaries Report Distributed – motion by Brian to approve, Mike L seconded, all approved
Treasurers Report Distributed – Blitz funds have not been moved to T&A Accounts yet

Motion by Deb to approve, Tom seconded, all approved

Old Business *note – bold/italic line items tasks/deliverables prior to next meeting
 

 

 

Golf Tourney

 

 

 

 Booster Club Pork Feed

 

 

 

 

Board Member Positions

 

 

 

Fundraising/

Blitz Cards

 

 

 

 

 

 

Search Fundraising

 

 

 

Only 1 team signed up, decision to cancel based on lack of response

Jeff will check with Mike B if funds need to be returned to sponsors

Tom will check on options for May 2016

 

Discussion to hold event earlier in the year next year

Possibly have an event after the homecoming parade next year such as longest drive, kids activities or maybe have concessions during elementary field day

Suggestion for next year to move the serving line to the front of the building for better visibility

 

Move Todd S to IT committee, remove from Sports Needs committee
Troy will continue to have admin rights, editors are Trish, Kelly K., Angie L, Todd S., Troy D, Kevin H., Rochelle Borah, Chris D., Brent

 

Raised over $5000.00, all funds go to coaches T&A accounts, allocated by Mike B and coaches.

Discussed more involvement from coaches to promote sales in the future

Suggestion to have sub sandwiches instead of hot dogs again

Need to Determine if we will continue Blitz card fundraiser next year by January meeting

Suggestion to meet with Coaches in January for input on blitz night and fundraising needs

 

Include coaches to review this option in an upcoming meeting – Jeff will coordinate with Mike B.

 
New Business  
Homecoming

 

Street Painting – 1.5 hours with the few volunteers

Spirit Items ordered, distribution to students will be on Monday of homecoming week

Leftover items will be sold at the volleyball game

Ann has a bill from ACE for the rollers used for street painting, paint was donated

Need to send a Thank you to ACE, Michelle will check for thank you stock, Ranee will send thank you

Michelle has booster club t-shirts to throw at the parade and for cheerleaders to throw at the football game

Sherri Petersen was still working on purchasing a flag to be used at games

Athlete signing will be on Wednesday, pizza will be served to HS student athletes attending

 
Membership Opportunities

 

 

 

 

 

Fundraising opportunities

Youth Wrestling tourney

 

 

 

Fall Social

 

 

 Long Term Projects

 

 

 

 

Misc

 

 

 

 

Rhonda is working on a final membership list

Reviewed worksheets distributed by Mike L for possible tiered membership levels

Looking for help asking local businesses for input on corporate/business memberships

Business feedback – some would like advertising, some don’t

Schedule time to call businesses for input – Brian and Brad, Mike and Ranee will reach out to community members

Would be helpful to solicit new members by explaining what funds are used for

 

Mike B indicated there are a couple of dates open the beginning of January, possibly the 3rd

Jeff will contact Dale

Discussed college, high school or alumni wrestlers for refs, Brian P will talk to Tyler Sorensen about high school wrestlers.

 

Date: October 16, after last home football game

Pulled pork and Bridges menu items – Tom will check with the Bridges.

 

Extra Gym

Football concessions/bathrooms

Member newsletters

Publish meeting minutes

 

Who is admin of watchdog.booster@bmtc.net

Create Booster Club website – Teresa will set up, $13 a year for a domain

Motion by Brad to approve creating Booster Club Website, seconded by Ann, all approved – website will replace page on school website

 

Come to the next meeting with 3 ideas for future projects- Deb will provide information regarding school projects

 

 
Next Meeting October 14th at 6:00 at The Bridges

Motion to adjourn by Brad, seconded by Brian, all approved

Respectfully submitted by Ranee Van Gelder

 

 

Leave a Comment:

Leave a Comment: