March 2015

Mar 20
  • Meeting called to order at 6:08
  • Members Present: Mike, Brad, Sarah, Todd, Michelle, Chet, Troy, Ann
  • Minutes read and approved. Motion by Troy, Second by Michelle. All in favor
  • Treasurers report
    • Profit from FB4as of 3-26-15 is $14426.97
    • Had to write another check to Graphic Edge to cover sales tax on t-shirts
    • Motion to approve Troy. Second Ann
  • FB4
    • FB4 committee is waiting for us to send out our thank you’ s for the sponsors. They have asked that we list some items that the money supports thru the Booster Club. Michelle is going to send Chuck @ Printing Plus a PDF of our Watchdog so we can get the card made. She is also going to work with him on what to say on the back of the card.
    • Mike and Jeff have both had discussions with Troy Swee (FB4 Committee) about the FB4 and the perceived slights between the committee and our club and about having more say in what the money raised is used for. It seemed that most of the issues were from 6-8 years ago. They talked about what to do moving forward. After looking at the bylaws the FB4 has a committee chair position on our Booster Club currently filled by Tom D. Jeff is going to suggest to Troy that someone from the FB4 committee needs to fill that chair so the two are more closely connected.
    • Brad is going to talk to Larry Orr with SDPB about filming a documentary about the FB4.
  • Physicals
    • Tom D. is contacting the clinic.
  • Golf Tourney
    • Date tentatively set for 9/26/15
    • The Bridges has asked that we store our Golf tourney items (Hole Sponsor Signs, Banner, etc) somewhere other than the back room at the Clubhouse.
    • Troy brought up having our own storage shed painted with school colors and name. Tabled
    • Items could also be stored at football field. Tabled
  • Fundraising
    • Mike brought up a couple of ideas for fundraising.
      • HS Watchdog Classic boys and girls basketball
      • Sponsor a youth wrestling tourney. Chet said the youth wrestling club is going to have tourney next year, and that maybe we can help with that.
  • Karen Carlson Scholarship and Volunteer of the Year Award
    • Be thinking about it. We’ll make decisions next meeting.
    • Troy will contact Stewart about our nominee for the Karen Carlson scholarship.
  • Sports Needs
    • Going to ask Mike to get sports needs from the coaches by May 1.
  • Video Screen
    • Jeff has talked to Daktronics about the basics of video screens
      • Low end product for what we are looking at would be $40,000
      • Higher end screen would run over $60,000
      • Discussed that we would like to start moving forward with this idea and have the video screen be our next “big” project. Jeff is going to talk to Brian Field and Daktronics to start getting more solid information so we can begin to plan.
  • Next meeting
    • Our next meeting will be April 15th at 6pm at the Bridges
    • This meeting will focus on the recognition banquet.
    • Troy Doden will MC
    • Mike is going to ask Mr. Merriman to attend so we can talk about the video.
  • Meeting adjourned 7:37 PM

Leave a Comment:

Leave a Comment: